Experienced, Confident Family Law Representation
  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Child-Related Matters
  4.  → Juvenile Dependency

Your Next Steps After Your Child Has Been Removed From Your Home

If your child has been removed from your home by Child Protective Services, it is vital that you contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Working with an attorney who has been through this process can help you take the right steps to provide the best care for your child and move you toward getting them back into your care as quickly as possible.

Our attorneys Elisabeth Lord and Michelle Brooker at Lord & Brooker, APC, have decades of combined experience representing parents and relatives who are going through this very difficult process. Whether you are a parent trying to reunite with your child, trying to gain custody as the non-perpetrating parent or a relative wanting to keep a child out of foster care, you can trust us to help you.

Ensuring That Your Rights Are Protected

Juvenile dependency refers to legal matters that involve the removal of children from their parents by Child Protective Services. If your child has been removed from your care, you need an experienced attorney to assist you.

A child can be removed from their home for a variety of reasons, including:

  • The child has suffered physical harm or there is a risk of physical harm.
  • The child is neglected or suffers harm due to inadequate supervision.
  • The parent neglects to provide the child with food, clothing, shelter or medical treatment.
  • The child has been sexually abused.

We will ensure that the evidence to support the removal of your child from your care meets the legal standard. We can also make sure you get the services you need in order to reunify with your child as soon as possible and look into getting your child placed with a relative instead of in the foster care system.

You Can Trust Us To Help You Secure Your Child’s Future

If you have been contacted by Child Protective Services or are a relative looking to take temporary custody of a child who is endangered, contact us as soon as possible. We can represent you and ensure that your rights and the child’s rights are protected. Call us at 951-666-2367 or complete our online contact form to schedule a consultation. We have offices in Redlands, Riverside and Temecula.